short film review

Reviews and news about short films, short film festivals, reviews, links and guides to short films online,images from short films,directors,writers,cinemaphotographers. Copyright 2005, 2006 by Allan Maurer. All rights reserved.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

View Sundance Shorts Online

I’ve started watching the Sundance short films available at the festival Web site. These are not your average short films. I watched four in succession and each held me with expert use of the digital medium, compelling imagery, intriguing stories or ideas or both, and clever execution.

I learned these would be online from one of the film-makers, who stumbled upon our site a while back. I’m glad he alerted me.

I would hate to miss an opportunity to view this selection of short movies, all I’ve seen so far done on digital video, but expertly enough to give me a film experience.

I’m far from evaluating any of these films as much as I might over time and reviewings. But I know this: if you care about short films or in fact, films, period, you should have a look at these. I don’t know how long they’ll remain available.

Here’s the link: festival.sundance.org/2006/watch/index.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home